Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Hunt is Over...for Now...

Nemesis birds.  We all have em.  I've had a few this year.  I shake my fist at you Black Tern!  Lately, my greatest adversary has been the Snow Goose.  I have been to at least half a dozen locations looking for these guys, but came up empty every time.  I was beginning to think that the Snow Geese were hanging out with the Black Tern's...laughing at me.  This line of thought dominated until today.  Not only was I able to check off Snow Goose, but I was able to study two individuals for quite some time on Maumee Bay State Park's inland beach.  That was great, but finding a Cackling Goose among the many Canada Geese was even better.  Check out these mediocre pics of some beautiful birds!

Snow Geese with Canada Geese

Snow Geese with Canada Goose in flight

Cackling Goose (the little guy in the middle) with Canada Geese
Bald Eagle being awesome at Bayshore Fishing Access

No comments:

Post a Comment